Your USB Drive Gone Normal.
Having issues with your USB Drive after using it as a bootable media? In this post I will show you a method to fix that.
1. The USB Storage Device
2. Your PC
3. An application called Rufus.
An sure some of you might have done the normal Windows file explorer formatting and still you notice the same issues. You also went to Disk management and did your format there and still all the same.
In the disk management window, if did notice it, you will see that the partition of your flash drive has been set to Active. Normally, your USB Flash Drive should show primary partition only. Ordinary format in Windows cannot remove the Active Flag from the flash drive.
If you were to be using a linux distro, you can the disk manager on you linux to format it. But here on windows you will need to download an application called RUFUS.
Rufus is a utility that helps format and create bootable USB flash drives, such as USB keys/pendrives, memory sticks, etc.
It can also help in formatting of USB Flash drive with different options.
- Download the application – rufus (Doesn’t require installation)
- Run Rufus as Administrator
- At the top select you preferred USB drive
- For Partition Scheme, select MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI computers.
- Ensure the File system is set to FAT32.
- Leave the Cluster size at its default.
- Rename the USB drive if you wish or you can leave it blank (Automatically names it Removable Disk)
- For the Format Options, only select Quick format and dis-select the other options.
- Then finally, click on Start.
- when it is through the application will tell you DONE.
- You can now start enjoying your USB drive like before.
If this worked for you, let us know in the comments below.